CGS Membership Benefits
While CGS membership is national in scope, it is within the Local Section where most members will interact with other geotechnical industry professionals. Local sections typically run 6-10 meetings annually and regularly sponsor local seminars and courses that may be offered to CGS members at preferred prices.
In addition to local section benefits, CGS membership benefits include:
- Online access to the electronic version of the Canadian Geotechnical Journal (published monthly) including all past issues;
- Special member pricing for print subscriptions to the Canadian Geotechnical Journal;
- A complementary print subscription to Geotechnical News (four issues annually);
- Online access to past CGS conference electronic proceedings;
- Member pricing for the CGS-sponsored professional development opportunities, including the Society’s Annual Conference;
- Preferred member information on CGS’s spring and fall Cross Country Lecture Tour featuring recognized National and International speakers;
- Membership in one of CGS’s technical divisions – Soil Mechanics and Foundations, Engineering Geology, Geoenvironmental, Rock Mechanics, Geosynthetics, Hydrogeology and Cold Regions;
- Complementary membership in the International Society related to one’s division of choice, i.e., ISSMGE, IAEG, ISRM, IGS, IAH or IPA; and
- Access to information from CGS’s technical committees – Professional Practice, Education, Landslides, Computing, Transportation Geotechnics and Heritage.
Please click here for 2013 CGS membership pricing information.
Please click here to join the Canadian Geotechnical Society