Mission and Objectives
The Canadian Geotechnical Society is a learned, self-governing and non-profit organization with the following mission and objectives:
To initiate and pursue efforts leading to the technical competence and excellence of Canadian geotechnical and related geoscience professionals.
- To provide opportunities for members to continue their education by upgrading their skills, and to document their efforts.
- To provide opportunities for presenting and publishing results of research, design and construction in the fields of geotechnology and related geoscience.
- To provide opportunities to meet, exchange views and experience, establish networks and socialize.
- To develop co-operation with appropriate national and international organizations.
- To represent Canadian geotechnology and related geoscience nationally and internationally.
- To address issues and needs connected with geotechnical and related geoscience research in Canada.
- To produce publications for the use of members and other professionals.
- To develop, maintain and improve communications among geoprofessionals in Canada.