CGS Membership Benefits
CGS Membership benefits include:
- Online access to the monthly Canadian Geotechnical Journal (including all past issues), and special pricing for the printed version;
- Printed and online copies of the quarterly Geotechnical News;
- The CGS Geotechnical Information Net e-newsletter (monthly except July and August);
- Online access to past CGS Annual Conference proceedings (1947-present) and videos of featured special lectures;
- Reduced registration pricing for CGS Annual Conferences, and other CGS conferences;
- Advanced notice of the spring and fall CGS Cross Country Lecture Tours featuring recognized national and international speakers;
- Primary membership in one of CGS's seven technical divisions - Soil Mechanics and Foundations, Rock Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Groundwater, Cold Regions Geotechnology, Geoenvironmental, Geosynthetics;
- For Regular members, complementary or reduced membership in the international society related to the primary CGS technical division selected, i.e., ISSMGE, ISRM, IAEG, IAH, IPA or IGS;
- Participation in any of the seven CGS standing committees - Professional Practice, Education, Landslides, Mining Geotechnique, Transportation Geotechnics, Sustainable Geotechnics, and Heritage;
- Participation in the CGS Geotechnical Research Board; and
- Involvement in the society for all Canadian geotechnical professionals.
In addition, the CGS has 20 sections across Canada, where members can meet and interact with other geotechnical professionals. Sections typically run 6-10 meetings a year and regularly sponsor local seminars and courses that may be offered to CGS members at reduced prices.
Click here to see more information on the CGS Internal Groups: Sections, Divisions, Committees and the Geotechncial Research Board.
Click here for the current CGS membership fees.
Click here to join the CGS, or renew your CGS membership.