La Société canadienne
de géotechnique
The Canadian
Geotechnical Society
La Société canadienne de géotechnique
The Canadian Geotechnical Society


The Canadian Geotechnical Society was formed in 1947 and became incorporated as a federal non-for-profit corporation in 1985.

As a federal corporation, the CGS operates within the Canada Corporations Act - Part II, and under the Bylaws of the Society that have been approved by the members.

Click below to see the CGS Bylaws or Form 4031 – Articles of Continuance, both dating from 2012:

Any comments on, or proposed changes to, the current Bylaws may be submitted by email to the Executive Director, Michel Aubertin at ExecDir@cgs.ca.